Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Beelzebub Review, delinquent babysitting

Beelzebub tell us a story about a delinquent called Oga Tatsumi and a baby who happens to be the son of a Demon King. Oga Tatsumi becomes unintentional adoptive parent to this baby Beel as he is called. Baby Beels destiny is pretty simple, he is eventually going to destroy the world. These two form a bond, contract which binds them together. Oga is informed that if they separate by 15 m or more he will die and basically the only way to get separated to with this baby is to find someone who is stronger than him to take over the baby.


Beelzebub is sort of an odd ball in the field of shonen manga. It usually changes radically between being a humor story and a serious story but it at least has a long term plot. I myself like that serious side of the story but usually there is too much chapters that try to purely rely on the humor side, I often see those as a waste of plot development. 

So I must say that this series is pretty decent in the end. It has its good sides and also a bunch of bad sides which I don't enjoy very much. The idea behind the stories pretty solid but in my opinion it's not used very well. But that's only my opinion: I know lots of people think this is an amazing series. So it's at least worth it to give it a shot and maybe it may be so that you are one of those who think that this is a very good read. If you find the humor side funny then this will most likely be for you.

This has also been made into an ongoing anime adaptation. There's 60 episodes aired according to wikipedia.

I have just began to watch the anime and by the first looks this seems to be one of the rare series that actually work better as anime than manga.

No comments:

Post a Comment