Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ao No Exorcist Review: reminds me a bit of Soul Eater

Story of Ao No Exorcist is about two worlds, demon world and human world and the two cannot interact with each other. Satan plants his son to human world and plans to conquer human world through him since there isn't powerful enough human to hold him in their body. Satans son, Rin, this series protagonist however decides to become exorcist.

 Art of Ao No Exorcist does deserve some praise when we talk about the action scenes. Otherwise the quality is pretty good and as the series progresses further it develops into very good: it's one of the reason why this series should be given a further try.

Character of the series are pretty generic: the main character could be called as a mix of Naruto and Ichigo, having both of their bad traits. I really haven't taken liking to either of them and therefore Rin hasn't made an impact to me as well. Side characters, which are usually the leading force in most of the series' in terms of successful characters aren't really anything to gloss about.

As for the story it also feels a bit generic even though it has some originality in terms of the setting. It's of course pretty much generic shonen when pointing to the general flow of the series, character interactions, battles and growth of the characters, but really nothing has stuck to my mind. I may have to reread this series to get a better point of view, but when essentially nothing sticks to my mind about a manga then it may still be readable, but you can't really expect anything that you haven't seen already.

It's been a while since I've read most of the chapters, but it tells me something: there really hasn't been anything that has stick to my memory. I would classify this one as something that you should read when you are pretty much out of good mangas. I also can't remember it being bad so that should at least mean that this is a pretty decent read.


Though I know a guy who thinks Ao no Exorcist (anime) is amazing, so it may be just me? Anyway, read and make your own conclusions :P

No comments:

Post a Comment