Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Nanatsu no Taizai Review: Recommended Adventure


Nanatsu no Taizai's preset is about The legendary group of "Seven Deadly Sins", who ten years ago tried to take over the Kingdom of Britannia, but were rumoured to have been killed by the Kingdom's Holy Knights. After ten years of the disappearance of The Seven Deadly Sins the Holy Knights assassinated the king and became the sole tyrants of the kingdom.

The late Kings only daughter, Elizabeth goes on a journey to find the Seven deadly sins to help her pay back to the holy knights. She ends up in a tavern which is kept up by a young boy called Meliodas, who turns out to be something more than just a kid...

The art can be considered good at the best, but honestly it doesn't matter to me that much. When I think about how art scales with the story the most important thing in my opinion is not how good it looks, but how it manages to compliment itself with the story. I think that the art that is used in Nanatsu no Taizai compliments almost perfectly it's intentions and the nature of the story, especially it's fighting scenes So even if the art can't be considered as "excellent", it's still very good since it works so well for me considering adventurous nature of this series.

The characters are one of the strengths of this manga. I realized while reading this that I have a habit to like very carefree characters with not-so-good manners and taking things with humor. The second main character Meliodas for this series is exactly like that and it works very well. The way of displaying great strength along with a usually cosy characteristics is a sure recipe for a good character. The protagonists and the antagonists have ended up being interesting so far and I don't see why that would change in chapters to come.


The story really isn't anything original, but I found it enjoyable nonetheless. I think the preset of the story resembles Ubel Blatt very much, but it has much more light heartedness which works for it very well. I think that if you have tendency to like adventure mangas then Nanatsu no Taizai is almost for sure for you. I have always thought that what makes the story interesting is not always what the story sounds like, but how it is relayed as a totality to the reader and this is why Nanatsu no Taizai works for me so well.


Conclusion: If you enjoy a good adventure with good characters then you will most likely enjoy Nanatsu no Taizai. The story progresses in a good pace so that the reader doesn't have time to feel boredness while reading this, but this has a unfortunate side effect also: I feel that the story is progressing so fast that I'm afraid that it will end too quickly. I wish that the author manages to keep it as well paced, but figures out how to prolong it to be so long that it will continue to be enjoyable for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment