Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Kamisama No Iutoori Ni (II) Review: Another Perspective to the Original One

When I'm writing this there is 5 chapter released of Kamisama no Iutoori 2
Kamisama no Iutoori II tells us basically another perspective to the first Kamisama no Iutoori. It begins in a class where Aoyama and Akashi have an argument which ends up in Akashi leaving early from school. Little did he know that just after he left the school the game of Daruma-San Has Fallen began...

Basically the first couple of chapters show us an alternative perspective to the same Daruma-san game which we encountered in the first Kamisama no Iutoori. However after that we get to see what happens to those who skipped school that day and it just happens that Akashi was one of those.

Art of this series is as good as the first one, I can say that it's pretty much excellent since I really can't say how I would improve it. The author has shown his skills before and now he continues to make terrific work with this manga.

As for the characters I  think that this manga, understandably, is very similar to the earlier one so from my point of view the characters are not that important, even though I ended up liking the first ones pretty much. There has only been 5 chapters so far so there hasn't even been any time for character chemistry to be born. If the author manages to keep the quality of the characters at the same level then I will be certainly satisfied. However at this point the characters haven't really lived up to my expectations, so I'll keep the points low for new. I'll be updating this later if some kind of change happens.

Like the first one, this one will also be very story dependant: it still reminds me very much of Gantz where for several hundreds of chapters we had no idea why all the things that happened, did happen. It's pretty much the same thing with Kamisama no Iutoori and the first one really managed to raise some questions and interest: I hope that the author manages to give some answers, but not too much of course to keep me and other readers interested for several chapters to come. I have pretty much high hopes for this manga and I'm hoping that it will be at least as interesting as the first one. It's still a bit early to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment