Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

One Piece Z review




 I think that what I must have enjoyed the most of this movie was that it pretty much had a good idea what it tries to say to the audience, and thus had no any difficulties regarding pacing of the movie. It's a One Piece movie alright, but spell necessary explanations pretty well and doesnt really sink itself down with them. All the mothers and fathers in the theater know what's what, so they don't need to be all the time reminded about these things. I think many films out of big anime series have to do this, so take it as OP taking sort of use of its own popularity.


In the movie the character banter is great. In example stuff like Chopper using milk-bottle to imitate Zs seastone arm, Zoro yelling to Sanji how disgusting it is to celebrate a opportunity to watch her go through puberty, and Chopper/Usopp/Nami/Robin running around bellydancing ring to collect information on Z's whereabouts  reminds me of the intriguing charm One Piece has, where you may get chapters with really no fighting or major plot development, but still can feel yourself pretty satisfied. I really can't say that there isn't any fighting--the action is amazingly well animated. Every crewmember gets an opportunity to shine, but obviously, it's mostly the monster (Luffy, Zoro, Sanji) trio show all the way and Franky at the end that gets the job done at the end.

So, I pretty much enjoyed it. This one probably goes to the top in my One Piece movie listing, even over strong world and fourth movie . It gave me what I wanted in the end--a good One Piece film with a great balance of good flow and added to the lore of the One Piece story and that's what I wished for.


No comments:

Post a Comment